Saturday, February 2, 2008

CV Pavillion

I remember the Saturday night dances very well. I didn't drink until I was out of HighSchool, but I did go to some of the dances. I couldn't dance worth a darn, I had two left feet, and one of them didn't know where to go. I blame that on the Methodist church because during MYF they taught dancing, or at least they thought they did. I was a slow learner I guess. After going to college for a year, I finally learned how to dance, and for a while I was the hit of the show. That didn't last very long. Now, neither one of my feet know where to go. I did enjoy the dances though, because most of Cedar Vale was there and we all had a good time, although occasionaly there was a fight in the trees, but I was never involved and I don't think anyone was seriously injured.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dick, As you said, at 250 pounds your feet may not know where to go, but you probably can't see them anyway. I also blame the church (Baptist) in CV for my total inability to dance or enjoy dancing. That is another of my regrets, because my wife loved dancing.

Phil Foust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dick Williams said...

Be nice Wayne. I may not be able to see everything below my waist without looking in the mirror, but I can see my feet.

Besides, I now weigh 240 and plan to drop another 25.

Unknown said...

At that rate, by the time we have the reunion in 2010, you should be down to your playing weight. You must have been around 165 then??

Phil Foust said...

Dick, good memories of a special place in CV history!

DFCox said...

I wasn't much of a dancer either, but I sure tried. When I came back to CV from the Air Force I brought a cute little MG roadster. Well I drove it down to a dance at the pavilion, and one of those booze related fights broke out. This time they didn't make it to the trees but were dukeing it out over the top of my roadster. I was worried about the car, but not worried enough to try breaking up the fight.

Unknown said...

I was fortunate that I saw most of the athletes mentioned. I was blessed that I played with many others from the classes of 1958,1959,1960 & 1961. Phil Marsh