Friday, April 1, 2011

Kenneth Dale Thompson Obit

Kenneth Dale Thompson, 67, of Carthage and Ontario, Canada, passed Friday, March 18, 2011 at his residence.  Mr. Thompson was born November 25, 1943 in Cedarville, KS; to the late Harold David Thompson and Margaret Holroyd Thompson.
 
Mr. Thompson is survived by his wife of 20 years Joanne Mary Thompson.  Three sons, Joshua, John, and Michael.  Three daughters, Jennifer, Susan, and Laura.  His father and mother-in-law, Stephen and Rita Garvin.  Two brothers, Lynn and Mark.  Two sisters, Judy and Martha. Four grandchildren and many friends at the Carthage Airport.   He was preceded in death by a brother Jerry.
Ken retired from Exxon Mobil after many years.  He enjoyed flying his airplanes and living on the airport and loved his time here immensely.  Ken was an important person to the airport and will be sadly missed by his family and friends.

2 comments:

Diane Archer Bradbury said...

I have not seen Ken since high school days when we sat next to each other in band. Ken played baritone horn and did a fine job.
I got to know him and we joked as much as we dared

I got to know Margaret, Ken's mom, while working at the State Hospital. I enjoyed her friendship.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Ken's wife and family.

Diane Archer Bradbury

Martha Timblin said...

Diane-I just saw your comment. You guys were in band when Mr. Beggs was the instructor, so you had the best of the best.

I didn't realize you worked with Mom, so I'm glad you shared that.
You've probably gathered now that I'm Kenny's youngest sister. It was nice to see your comment.