Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009 from Panama

I have not posted anything for many weeks, but wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year from the land of eternal Springtime!  Nights are in the range of 50-60 F, with 74-79 F almost every day. 

After being here permanently for 14 months I am very happy with my decision to move.  I still live in a 2 bedroom rented house with my 2 dogs, 1 Australian Cattle Dog (Red Heeler) and 1 Panamanian mixed breed (mut).

My on and off home building plans are on again.  Sort of!  I am still looking for a bilingual person to manage the small crew of locals who will build my new home.  Because of the economic difficulties in the U.S. and Europe I have scaled back my plans until real estate prices in other areas rebound.

I now plan to only build the lower level of the house, including the 2 car garage.  The lower level was planned as an apartment and I have redesigned it for my personal comfort.  I am hoping that construction will not interfere with my plans to attend my CVHS Class of '59 reunion in May. I am also planning to visit my family and friends while in the U.S.,  as my plans do not include many more trips stateside. 

Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy & prosperous 2009!

Jay
panama [at] jaymills [dot] org (replace with symbols)

2 comments:

Phil Foust said...

Jay, it is certainly good to hear from you. Your posts have been missed. Hope 2009 is a good one for you and all the other folks that visit "these parts".

Diane Archer Bradbury said...

Jay -Happy 2009 to you!

I was happy to read of your plans to attend our 50th class reunion. Now, the rest of you who no doubt reside in the USA need to make your plans to be here for this special occasion.

If any of you '59ers have any
sugggestions for the reunion, conact me or other class members.

Good to hear from you, Jay. See you in May!