Saturday, January 10, 2009

Candlerock West

CANDLEROCK WEST
I am very happy to announce that we closed the sale of the hospital faciliy this week. Jonnie Hayes is the new owner. He owns Candlerock in Fredonia which will now be Candlerock East. The Cedar Vale facility will be Candlerock West. The Rural Health Clinic will continue to operate in the part of the facility they have always used and will be the health servers for the rest of the facility.
As near as I can tell, they will serve veterans with post traumatic stress or any other psychiatric problems. The may recieve clients from state institutions such as Osawatomie when they are released but may need a "halfway" station before going back to mainstreet. I understand that it is available to anyone who wants to give up housekeeping and doesn't yet need a full time care facility.
The nursing home has also been purchased by Candlerock and will be rehabilitated later. It will be a part of the Candlerock complex.
Mr. Hayes has many ideas and dreams about making Cedar Vale a "Destination Town" I am quite sure it will be a positive thing for us--remains to be seen just how much. We certainly wish him the best and will cooperate as we can.

5 comments:

Gary White said...

Good news, Don. I was impressed with what I saw at Candlerock East when we were there for Mr. Beggs big parade. I would think Mr. Hays would do right by CV. Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed!!

Phil Foust said...

Good for Mr. Hayes and Cedar Vale! Certainly, this seems like very positive news for the area and thank you, Don ... for keeping us informed.

Diane Archer Bradbury said...

I'm happy for CV to hsve this new facility as a possibility. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

This is good news. Cedar Vale can certainly use the boost this facility is bound to give.

Anonymous said...

I worked part-time at the Cedar Vale Hospital in nursing. I absolutely enjoyed being in Cedar Vale to work--loved the pace of life, the friendly people and I am so pleased to hear the facility will re-open in any capacity.