Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Offspring

Gary White

Excellent choice of topic, Diane. I’ll give you the complete rundown on my offspring.

My daughter, Steph, lives and works in Portland, OR. She is a store manager in a big box store—a local chain, not one of the biggies. Her partner K. C. is disabled and takes care of the home. Steph was born in 1969 in Ames, IA, where I was teaching.

My son, Greg, lives and works just outside of Boulder, CO. He and his wife, Kristin, have two boys, Owen, age 3, and Max, age 6. Greg is a research engineer for a group called Cable Labs, which does research and development for the cable TV and communications industry, world wide. He is currently hard at work on the next generation of cable modems that will link all communications systems in your home, including security, internet, phone, TV, other two-way communications, etc. He was born in 1970, also in Ames. Kristin is a speech pathologist for the school system in their area.

My stepson, Jesse, lives and works in Irvine, CA. He and his wife, Yui, have a little girl, Sophie, age 4 months. Jesse is a programmer for the computer gaming industry, a position he has had for around 14 years. He does the deepest, most complicated programming that makes the games operate. I don’t really understand what that is about. Yui, who is a Japanese citizen, works in the export/import industry where she can use her language abilities in Chinese, Japanese, and English. Jesse was born in 1970, and was a classmate of my son, Greg, and his wife, Kristin.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you suppose we should send the Highway Patrol to Phil's place to see if he is OK?? I can't imagine him being this quiet for such a long period of time.

Gary White said...

Are they caught in the power outages in Kansas? Just a thought.

Diane Archer Bradbury said...

I heard from Phil via email today and they were away from home a few days. I understand they did have a power outage, too.

No posse necessary,

Phil Foust said...

Posse! That word certainly received my attention and gave me some revision.

Gary White said...

Glad to hear from you Phil. We were beginning to worry about your silence.

Diane Archer Bradbury said...

Thanks Gary for letting us know about your kids. Little Sophie looks like a wonderful baby and I imagine she's the apple of your eye.

Wayne responded about his family so it's somebody else's turn!

Phil Foust said...

A family of which to be proud, Gary!

Gary White said...

Yes, she is a beautiful baby. We will go to Irvine, CA for New Years to see her.

OK, how about more posts about your families.