Saturday, December 22, 2007

FYI

1 I just spoke with Shirley Brown and she had word from her daughter-in-law (who is Judy Huddle French's daughter) that Judy had come thru the surgery very well and will stay in the Wichita hospital (I don't know which one) another day or two. As soon as possible Judy will be taken back to Neodesha for rehab in the specialty facility there.

2 Some will remember that I wrote of a hospital tenant, a nursing home facility, and a new grocery store. Well everything is on hold--still. The longer it takes to develop the more doubtful I become. Nothing is dead yet, so maybe something will happen after the first of 2008.
The person who will install a grocery store says it will happen after the hospital is occupied.

3 I hear a goodly amount of favorable reaction from those who have seen postings in the CV Lookout. Now I know of some CV grads, younger than us, in their 30s, who have found the site and are starting to explore it. Joel Haden III says he is telling his crowd about it and recommending it.

4 Wintry mix and rain started falling about 11 am today. now the temperature has dropped and sleet mixed with snow is falling heavily and the wind is gusting. I know you all wish you were here.

3 comments:

Gary White said...

Thanks for all that news, Don. I just put your portrait from the xmas greeting up in the CV Views slide show. Great photo! Let us know of any news you hear about Judy, I have her address in case anyone wants to send a card or letter.

Gary White said...

Joel and any other CV grads are welcome to join. If I have their email addresses I'll invite them to become contributors. That means they can post new messages. Anyone can add comments, and they will be very welcome here.

Phil Foust said...

Stick in there, Don ... CV is fortunate that you and others are backing the town in positive "come back" efforts.

It is good to hear of the good news concerning Judy Huddle ... and the reporter (Shirley Brown) would be another great source for Gary's efforts to keep the memories of Cedar Vale ... alive.