Monday, November 19, 2007

Peanut Butter Goes With ... Almost Anything

by Jay D. Mills

One of my favorite snacks / sandwiches when I was a young lad in Cedar Vale was made with peanut butter and syrup. I would place a good amount of peanut butter in a bowl and add plain Karo syrup, mix it up good and spread it on bread. It was great! Oh, I know about the traditional peanut butter & jelly combination and it is good also. And for years I have enjoyed peanut butter and honey sandwiches.


But have you ever tried peanut butter with:
- Mayonnaise? (mixed up as with syrup) another childhood favorite
- Cream Cheese? (just finished one & it was delicious)
- Bananas?
- Raisins?
- Chocolate?
(a natural in my book)
- Pickle?

I've read about many more, but these are the ones that I remember trying. Maybe you can suggest an even tastier combination. - 30 -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandchildren love the peanut butter mixed with maple syrup. One of the few sandwiches I can get them to eat for lunch.

NB Howell

Phil Foust said...

A commentary that may be a bit sticky, Jay D., but quite good!

Unknown said...

I am glad to see that there are other peanut butter addicts. Whenever I am hungry between meals, a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter fills the hollow spot very nicely. Recently I made some peanut-butter sauce to put on ice cream, but it was not as good as the ones my mother made from the same recipe 60 years ago. How can that be? Same recipe, inferior results??