Thursday, September 13, 2007

School Year 1951-1952

Do any of you remember the Spanish Language class and what was the teacher's name. I know he was a coach, or I think that is right. Do you remember going to Bob Hays' home for a Spanish meal. This was way before all the Mexican restaurants and taco fast food places. I am thinking that we had eggs with chili over them. Bob, are you out there? When my husband was stationed in San Antonio, TX, while in the service, I thought "Oh Boy, I can maybe use some of the almost forgotten Spanish Language. Wrong, they all talked so fast, I could hardly recognize a word or two.

5 comments:

Gary White said...

You are correct that he was a coach, but I can't remember his name. I do remember the "field trip" for "Spanish" food. Now that I'm living in Santa Fe I hear Spanish every day and use my very limited ability with people fairly often. The Spanish here is a mixture of Spanish and English, so when I don't know a word or a construction I can go into English and no one even notices.

Reva Sawyer said...

Where are all the "jocks"? I am thinking his name was something like Reginato. I think we had another class with him and all the boys had to do was to get him started on whatever sport was currently in season and that took up most of the class.

Anonymous said...

The name for the coach, how about Delgado, that is what my mother thought it was.

Dick Williams said...

It wasn't coach Reginato, he couldn't master the English language let alone Spanish.

Anonymous said...

hey, my job was two coach, not two teech English. give a guy a brake.