Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Note from Naomi Grunden (Bea Howell)

Wayne, You are right, our farm was about 8 miles on past the Caney bridge. Ozro Falls was on it. The farm was owned by my Mother's Uncle. He sold it to someone in Texas who used it for hunting trips. Years ago I went with my folks to the farm and was shocked at the condition of everything. Water had got up to the second story of the house and had ruined the house. My Dad always made us feel okay when the water got all around our house, saying "It will never get in the house." So much for that! Some years later when we were there I tried to take my children to see the farm and you could not even get close to the place where the house had been. Kind of the same story with Cedarvale. When I go there everything has changed or is gone. The Baptist church we attended is still there and the old creamry that Bob's Grandparents ran is still there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For anyone that doesn't know, Bea Howell is our own Naomi Grunden, Class of '55.