Wednesday, April 2, 2008

News from the CV Lookout

My latest copy of the Cedar Vale Lookout just arrived. It was dated March 20, so delivery on April 2 is to be expected here in Santa Fe (we still get deliveries of parcels that were mailed by pony express!) It contained a treasure trove of news from and about our bloggers.

On page one there is a photo and long article about our own Naomi Helpingstine Remer and her concert that took place in CV on March 29. If I had known, I would have told her to "break a leg" (or perhaps, given the history of injuries by our bloggers, that would not have been a good thing to say)! Anyway, congratulations, Naomi.

On the inside page is Wayne Woodruff's long article on his CV heros, featuring our own Don Cox. Congratulations to both.

By the way, if you live far from CV and would like to keep up to date with happenings there, I highly recommend a subscription to the Cedar Vale Lookout. Call Susan Shaff at 620.758.2995 and get the news started coming to you every week (or every week or so if you live in the desert southwest).

6 comments:

Dick Williams said...

Gary, I somehow missed Wayne's post on CV heros and can't seem to find it on my computer. Would you post this again, or send it directly to me. Thanks in advance.

Gary White said...

The post was on November 1, 2007. You can get back there through the archive section on the right.

Unknown said...

Dick, If you read the article, I would be interested to know if you have any recollections of the incidents I mentioned. You were one of the town kids that might have been around then.

Dick Williams said...

Wayne, I was probably around then. Jack & I were together almost all of the time. As far as Don Cox goes, he probably started me on my road to ruin along with my sisters, Barbara & Pat. They taught me the fine art of stealing watermelons from a field west of town when my sisters were supposed to be taking care of Bill & I. I remember mowing the Cox yard down the street from us for 25 cents and a couple of cookies. I never did know why Don didn't mow their yard for free.

Unknown said...

You mean my hero, Don Cox, would teach you all to be theives??

DFCox said...

Yes Dick I can believe I was showing off for Barb and Pat--little did I know that I was being watched by young eyes with a long memory. As for the yard I was an important "Big Guy" gone off to college and leaving that chore for the younger generation.