Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A new tack


OK, CV fans, Wayne, our resident valedictorian, has set us a new topic. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done in your life? Or, make a list of stupid things. Put your thinking caps on and start those confessions coming in. One thing is almost certain--your blunders will provide entertainment to the rest of us, because we all seem to take pleasure in the foibles of our fellow human beings.

I'll be thinking, and I'm sure I can come up with some good ones. I'm reminded of our fabled Mikado production at CVHS. The Mikado sings: "My object all sublime, I shall achieve in time, To let the punishment fit the crime, the punishment fit the crime. And make each prisoner 'pent, and willingly represent, a source of innocent merriment, of innocent merriment." (Sorry, the picture is Nanki Poo, not the Mikado. I can still hear that long drink of water, Homer Morris, [or was it Bob Hays?] singing those lines!)

Get going CV fans!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bob was the Great Mikado, but I don't remember Homer's part in the play.

Gary White said...

It would have been KoKo.

Unknown said...

Whon were the three (or was it six ) little maids??

Gary White said...

There were three: Yum-Yum and her sisters, Pitti-Sing and Peep-Bo. As to who played them, I leave it to other bloggers to fill in the names.

Unknown said...

YumYums were Marilyn Holroyd and Janice Sartin??? Nancy Goode was one of the Three Little Maids????
??Judy Stone?? How the memory fades.

Dick Williams said...

There were two performances.

The first cast:
Yum-Yum - Janice Sartin
Piti-Sing - Donna Burch
Peep-Bo - Pat Oltjen

The Second Cast:
Yum-Yum - Marilyn Holroyd
Pitti-Sing - Nancy Goode
Peep-Bo - Judy Stone

Roy was the Mikado in the second performance

Gary White said...

Thanks, Dick, for the complete names rundown. Yes, now that I remember, it was double cast,except for PooBah. I played that part in both casts.