Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WHERE WERE YOU?

Susan Shaff has reminded us that next month will mark the 35th anniversary of the tornado that caused devastation and injuries in Cedar Vale. She thinks (and I agree)
that we should use our blogspot to recount where we were and how it affected us etc. This could be as a comment to this entry or you could make a new entry.

June 1975--I was in Asia on my odyssey around the world, but the news reached me and of course I worried about the home folks. I stretched my budget to make and international phone call to confirm that my family was OK. I think I went into one of those phone offices which held several booths and a resident operator who would make the connection for you. I believe it was Manila. How things have changed!! When I returned to CV some months later I was saddened to see how the older trees had suffered.
Sooo--- where were you?

2 comments:

Dick Wms. said...

Tornado? What tornado? First I have heard of it, so I guess it didn't affect me. I was either in Phoenix looking for a job or on my way to Houston to start a job.

DFCox said...

So if you were living elsewhere and had no immediate family still in CV I guess you wouldn't know of it. I'll bet any with family still living in CV knew about it.