Wednesday, November 11, 2009

From Debra Emanon

This note just came in from Debra Emanon, in case you don't scroll back to March to read comments. She is asking for information. If you know something make a new post or comment on this one. Here is her query:

I am a descendant of an Owen Lavely and Electa Morlan. They had a son Burl D. Lavely who died in 1950 in a aircraft accident while in the military.

I spent summers in Cedarvale, KS with my aunt Coba Morlan.

Does anyone have info on this family?

Thanks

Debra

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the name"Lyle Morlan" but that is all.

DFCox said...

Yes I knew Owen Lavely, he used to be the "ice man" in the 30s before everyone had a electric refrigerator. I wrote a little about him in my post about Dr. Hayes. It is maybe 2 years ago, but I trust it is still in the archives. I have a vague memory of Burl Lavely. I don't think he finished school here, but I did see him listed in a 1950 USAF accident report. Naomi Remer remembers Coba P. Lavely. She was an unmarried lady who went to church at the CV Assembly of God. She is buried in CV Cemetary. (born in 1912) This isn't much, but as I interface with others who might remember something, I will add comments

Anonymous said...

Coba Morlan I think was a sister to Martha Bohannon and she has relatives here. Mary Bohannon and Sharon Copple were related to Martha if I remember correctly.

Madeline said...

I'm Owen Lavely and Electa Morlan's granddaughter. I can be contacted at msw1235@gmail.com.