Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Question

This question just came in from Jay Jones. Anyone have any information for him? If so, put it up on the blog. Others may be interested. Here is his post:

I am trying to locate the relatives of Frank Radcliff, Jr. He was a P-38 Lightning pilot in World War Two and I am researching his fighter group. I know he was from Cedar Vale and I see that his brother, Robert J. Radcliff, listed him on the National World War Two Memorial website. I don't know if he is still living, but I hope that at least his brother is still alive.
 
If you know anyone that could help me it would be much appreciated. I am from a small town in Oklahoma and hope that perhaps your town is like mine and that there are still connections there. Thank you, in advance, for any help you might be able to provide.
 
Jay Jones
Norman, Oklahoma

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Email Miquee..........
cedarvalealumni@yahoo.com I believe I've been told he attends the Alumni Banquets there.He graduated from there in 1939. Also, you might contact Johnny Radcliff in Ponca City, OK

DFCox said...

Frank died a couple of years ago. He is buried in the Dexter KS Cemetary--a few miles from here (Cedar Vale). An Air Force Honor Guard from McConnell AFB performed a moving interment service for this Ret. Colonel. His widow in alive and active. We know her as "QB". She is living in the South--Mississippi I think. Her Email address is: qbr@comcast.net I'm sure she can give you the info you need.

Unknown said...

Are both grain elevators still there??

Don Shaffer said...

Wayne, I remember both grain elevators!

I remember "parking" in the vicinity of the elevators!

Once, upon a time, in the midst of whatever was happening, there was was a "knock" opon the door of my sedan!

I arose! Looked around! Not a person to be perceived! I must
admit, that "whatever it was," brought to a brief conclusion to whatever needed to be concluded!!!

I have often wonderered, who provided the "knock!"

Whoever it was, I'm sure it provided him much pleasure!

In the meantime, I reside in knowing that the pleasures, by the elevators, will remain, engraven in my mind!

Unknown said...

Maybe that was the Knock of your conscience?? You were lucky it was not her father knocking on your head.

DFCox said...

I must correct mistakes in my first comment. I hope Mr Jones is monitoring this blog.


Mrs. Bob Radcilff (Q.B.) informs me: 1. She is Robert's Widow, not Frank's. 2. Frank has two daughters and an adoped son.

Addresses: Linda Allen, 1042 Willow Creek Rd A101-227, Precott, AZ, 86301

Valorie Dolina, 91172 E 117th Place So., Bixby, OK 74008

Phillip Radcliff, 525 Rocky B Ranch Lane, Coppel, TX 75019

Q.B. says Linda might be the most helpful. Frank died about 1990 and is buried in Dexter Cemetary by the side of Bob.