Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Town

As I read each posting a new aspect of our lives in Cedar Vale is revealed. Sometimes it is just remembering those terrible ice storms; other times long-dead characters come to life and I remember them as I saw them. Gradually we are recreating a fairly complete picture of our little town. For those who have not shared their memories with us, we need your input to complete the portrait.

If you have ever seen Thornton Wilder's Our Town you will see the resemblance with our postings and the comments. I truly understand Mrs. Gibbs comment in the third act, "My, wasn't life awful--and wonderful," It was wonderful, even the awful parts. Keep jogging our memories by posting your own. Together we are creating a more complete portrait of OUR little town.

1 comment:

Phil Foust said...

...and to the narrator of "Our Town" ... thank you, Gary White!