Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just wondering...............

Wondering where all of you are!

Not a day goes by that I don't think of the wonderful memories of Cedar Vale, especially during this basketball season! I remember starting my basketball career playing "garage basketball" with Harold Bohannon. Harold tacked up a Folger's coffee can on the side of their garage. We used a tennis ball as a basketball. What games we had! When the weather was wet, you could see the evidence of the mud balls we had tossed towards the coffee can! God, if I could only have a picture of that scene! Can you imagine that we even tossed in a few "two-pointers?"

Of course, this was after our pre-Folgers can experience. We first learned the art of basketball by tossing tennis balls off of the mouldings that surrounded the door ways of our house! Two points for a ball that went off the top, one point that hit the edge and bounded back to you! Later on, Kale Williams put up a goal in his backyard. Wars were had, my friends, often ending in the hay bales that prevented us from dislocating ourselves in the rocky confines of what lied ahead!

I could go on. Need you to go on! Tell us about you learning basketball....or whatever....in the most unforgettable place, Cedar Vale. We had such a special time in such special place. Age will never fade those memories. Let's hear from you! I can just hear the stories!!!

1 comment:

Jay D. Mills said...

Don, thanks for hangin' in there and reminding us where we came from. Jay
----- *****
Someone asked how to post a story on the blog. If it is a one-time post, you can send your story to me and I will post it for you. jayinpanama@gmail.com

Or, if you would like to compose and post your own stories you need to follow the steps below.
1. Create a Google login "Login button" at top right of blog page. If you have a gmail account you already have a login.
2. Send me an e-mail with your e-mail address that you will use for posting and your real name.
3. I will add you to the Contributors list.
4. Then you can post your own stories by clicking on the New Post button on the top right of the blog page after login.
5. This will bring up a screen where you can write and preview your story. You can also cut-and-paste text into the editor.

If you have problems please send me an e-mail.
Thanks, Jay (D.) Mills --- jayinpanama@gmail.com