Friday, October 23, 2009

Kansas Information On-Line


I just learned to 2 new websites that I want to share. One is http://www.kansasmemory.org/ and the other is one that I may be one of the last people to learn about. It has the old Kansas History Book by Charles Richard Tuttle that I have. http://books.google.com/books, and the name of the book is Tuttle's History of Kansas. I had called the Kansas History Museum to tell them I would donate this book, and the Library told me of these 2 sites.
This young lady is granddaughter of Nellie Walkinshaw, and daughter of Jock Walkinshaw. 1992, she graduated from Christian University of Oklahoma. I must say, she sure is cute. Katrina, as a toddler, was like a little old lady. Every thing had to be where it belonged. If brother's shoes were in the living room, she 'waddled' them to his bedroom, throw them into his room with a "Dare, Don" (there John). This changed with the teen years (imagine that). Today, she is back trying to keep every thing neat, while juggling 3 children ages 5 yrs to 6 mos. Still in Germany (where all 3 were born).

2 comments:

Gary White said...

Thanks, Iris. I just added the Kansas Memory site to the bottom of the page. You can always click there and get to it.

DFCox said...

Iris the Kansas Memory site is a real winner. So easy to use and so much there. Thanks!