Thursday, August 21, 2008

Note from Loyd Call

Hi Don I can think of several things that might be of tnterest.
 I have seen several things in the Ceder Vale Blog I can add to
that might be of interest.
Edwin Gursky Married a Japanize Girl When he was in the Army she
here several years and they had 2 children he, She wanted to go back
and visit her family. so he borrowed the money. She went back and
that is the last he saw off her.  He was working for John Hamill at the
time.  He was really devasted. 
 I was born Aug. 6 1917 at the farm owned  by Sol McKee 5 miles north
[5 mile corner]  of Cedar vale I understand your Great Grandfather Home-
steaded this farm.
 Do you know the about Ralph Hayhurst family? He was adopted by  Ely
Hayhurst.  Also I can tell you about the Telephone Lines north of  C. V.
  More later.     Loyd

5 comments:

DFCox said...

Loyd is in the Veterans care facility in Winfield at present. He had the Call Dairy 8 miles north of CV for many years. Two of his sons still live in our community, Dwight and Keith. He is a Vet of WW II the "Greatest Generation". I certainly hope he favors us with more rememberances as we are losing that generation very fast.

Naomi said...

Lloyd,
My husband, Floyd, and I bought the house and approximately 1 acre where the Call Dairy used to be. We have really enjoyed the peace and quiet here. My sister-in-law, Bonita Dauber Helphingstine owned it prior to our purchacing it.

Naomi Helphingstine Remer

Naomi said...

Lloyd,
My husband, Floyd, and I bought the house and approximately 1 acre where the Call Dairy used to be. We have really enjoyed the peace and quiet here. My sister-in-law, Bonita Dauber Helphingstine owned it prior to our purchacing it.

Naomi Helphingstine Remer

Phil Foust said...

Welcome, Loyd. Just want to thank you for your service in World War II. Looking forward to your contribution to "CV Memories".

DFCox said...

Naomi, you and Floyd have the place where Kenneth Call lived. He was Loyd's brother, and he was also a dairyman.