Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Searching Our Blog

Today I was reminded what a wonderful resource we all have in the "Search" feature on this blog.  I was trying to remember if I had mentioned anywhere in my ramblings how awkward and shy I was with girls clear up into my college days. (Yes I had.)

I put my own name into the search blank and it brought up several pages of articles that I had written or been mentioned in.  In my article from Nov. 14, 2007, "Why I Couldn't Wait to Leave Cedar Vale", I talked about it. 

While I was researching my previous articles I re-read some comments that were made by some of our participants who, sadly, are no longer with us.  They made me smile ... again!

This has been a great forum for me.  And it is much cheaper than a therapist!  I still hope that a few more of you will sit down and share a few lines about growing up in Cedar Vale and / or what you have done since.  If you don't know how, just put "25 Bashfull People & 1 Short Story" or "25 Bashfull" onto the search line and hit enter.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Disclaimer:  I am not nearly as bashful nor shy as I was in my earlier, more serious years. I mostly now just care about my own opinion of myself, and being gently honest with others.

A personal digression:

A few months ago I received a surprise e-mail from my first wife who now lives in California. I had not heard from her in 50 years.  She wrote to tell me that she had finally tracked me down though this very blog.  She also said that about 5 years ago she suddenly realized that I had been having an affair while we were married.  (I did not!)  She also mentioned that she had been talking to me almost every day since, in her mind.

I am not sure what triggered this idea but a good candidate would be "suppressed guilt", as she was the one who had an "affair" while we were still married.  But I, and no one else cares after all of this time.

However the larger and I hope happier point is that, in this day of the Internet and social media, almost anyone with the time and willpower can locate anyone else.  And some of us actually enjoy being "found". 


 

No comments: