Sunday, January 2, 2011

Margaret Robinson Kennedy

I'm very sad to report that Margaret Robinson Kennedy died December 26, at her home in Chicago. She had received a cancer diagnosis, but she was resolutely planning on further testing and getting whatever treatment could be done, and she was feeling okay. She collapsed suddenly, with friends present.
Diane and J.D. particularly, I'm sorry not to make direct contact, but I get tangled with email addresses and I don't have phone numbers.
Margaret doesn't want a formal service, but there will be an open Chicago reception on Jan. 15 at the Quadrangle Club, 1155 E. 57th St., 4:00 to 6:00 P.M. We will bury her ashes with a graveside gathering at Ozro sometime in the spring, probably late April. We will let people know when the time is set.
Jim Robinson
jbrcinti@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Gary White said...

I am very sorry to hear of Margaret's passing. I'm sure I haven't seen her since 1955 in Cedar Vale, but I remember her quite well.

Jay D. Mills said...

Jim, I am so sorry to hear about Margaret. As you know she was a very close friend during our school years. I last saw her at the alumni banquet in 2004 and was happy to spend a little time chatting. She will be missed!

I still remember coming down to the house on Saturday mornings so early that Margaret was still sleeping. Your mom would graciously park me in front of the TV until Margaret came down. Of course, watching the TV was part of the reason for the visit as we didn't have a TV at that time.

Thanks for letting everyone know.